In nature, plants and animals start to slow down this time of year. The nights get longer, the days shorter so there’s more time for rest, right? Not when you’re human!
We tend to get busier and busier as the holidays approach, and that means stress levels start to climb! This playlist will provide you with some much needed calm as you watch your calendar fill up.
1. Win - Brian McKnight
This song is a great pick me up. Participants at Grace House request this song often.
2. Gonna Be Alright - Mali Music
Tim, one of our new interns, loves Mali Music because he's upbeat and comforting.
3. I Am Light - India Arie
In class, we often listen to this song after doing breathing exercises.
4. Let It Be - cover from Across The Universe, Carol Woods & Timothy T. Mitchum
This song needs no explanation!
5. That's The Way of the World - Earth, Wind & Fire
"I never knew that these were the lyrics," many participant have said while listening to a song and reading along with the lyrics.
6. Catch & Release - Matt Simmons
This is a wonderful song about taking time for yourself.
7. Press - Tamela Mann
When you meet an obstacle, what do you do?
8. I'm Alive - Kenny Chesney
This was a request from participant at Cook County Jail. She said "It helps her appreciate the small things."
9. Harvest for the World - The Isley Brothers
In class, this song sparks discussion about community and what we can do to create a Harvest. What seeds are you planting?
10. Fly Like an Eagle - cover by Seal
"Fly right into the future."